Do I need to Partially Comply to Building Regulations?

If your proposed building is under 30 square metres and is not for overnight accommodation or commercial purposes then you should only need to be concerned about one section of the building regulations which is regarding the spread of fire from one building/property to another.

In the case where you have a building that is between 15 to 30 square metres of internal floor space AND you position it under 1m away from a boundary you will need to apply a Fire Retardant to the wall that is within 1m of the boundary.

You do not need this if the building is under 15 square metres in internal space.

We offer Fire Retardants as an option on the relevant sizes of our range of Log Cabins should you need them.

For further information on both Planning and Building Regulations requirements see the government web-site:

back to FAQ