Dunster House Ltd is an established rapidly expanding family run business currently employing approximately 300 people in the UK. We are market leaders specialising in Timber Life Style products such as; Log cabins, Garden Offices, Climbing Frames, Summer Houses and much much more, which are sold throughout the UK from our branches in Bedford, Flixborough, Warminster, Kent, Basingstoke and Liverpool.
We currently have a vacancy for a permanent Timber Technical Manager to be based at our Bedford Head Office. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious manager wanting to join a growing company and become part of our success.
Some of the areas of responsibility for the Timber Technical Manager will include:
- Manager of the Technical Department, overseeing the Assistant Technical Manager and Installion Training Manager
- Actively managing and contributing constructive ideas for the development of new products with the design team
- Reviewing and approving new product designs
- Contributing suggestions and ideas for improvement of current products
- Gathering technical data and information for instruction manuals to ensure the efficient and timely erection of new products
- Analysing timber building structures to identify potential stresses to eliminate problems before they arise and make recommendations to restructure or change designs
- Correcting any product deficiencies that have already been launched by negotiating modifications with the Design team or Senior Management team.
- Liaising, and working with the product development team
- Assessing the success or risks involved in new projects
- Ensuring that high quality and accurate information is issued to all necessary parties regarding Technical issues
- Dealing skilfully with a diverse range of people including, customers, managers and possibly county court judges
- Providing expert advice and solutions where serious complaints arise
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design product development problems
- Ensuring quality workmanship of the installation of products
- Monitoring and calculating time allocated for product installation
- Compilation of weekly reports, costings and statistics
- Carry out all other requests from senior management on an ad hoc or regular basis as required.
Knowledge and skills
- Techncial experience at a senior level,
- Proven record of management experience ideally as a Building Site Supervisor or similar
- Ambitious, with ideas to help develop/improve the company
- Experience in the Timber Frame industry
To apply for this position please email a covering letter telling us why you are the person for us, along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dunster House Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF