Dunster House Ltd is an established rapidly expanding family run business currently employing approximately 250 people in the UK. We are market leaders specialising in Timber Life Style products such as; Log cabins, Garden Offices , Climbing Frames, Summer Houses and much much more, which are sold throughout the UK from our branches in Bedford, Flixborough, Warminster, Kent, Basingstoke and Liverpool.
We are looking for a Financial Controller/ Manager with the ability to work independently and using own initiative, someone who can “hit the ground running, and is qualified and experienced in a similar role. The ideal candidate will be results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit, with a strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues. The role of Financial Controller is to maintain all financial systems, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support business development.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, well organised and able to cope under pressure.
Some daily duties may include the following activities:
· Budgeting & forecasting
· Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
· Supervise the preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
· Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
· Budget analysis
· Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
· Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
· Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
· Contributing to company financial strategy and decision making process
· Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
· Overseeing tax and compliance
· Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
The details shown above, are certainly not exhaustive, this role and what it entails will change, increase and/or develop.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter telling us why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position, along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dunster house Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF