Based in Bedford, Dunster House Ltd is a well-established manufacturer and supplier of products for the DIY Garden and Home market place. We now seek an International Technical Operations Manager to oversee the Technical and Production aspects of the supply of products from our sister factories in Estonia, Hungary and Poland as well as production here in Bedford, plus outside 3rd party suppliers. Between all companies there are c. 250 staff. This multi-disciplined key role has been developed as we expand into the future with new and exciting products.
Based in Bedford, you will report directly to the Board and Senior Management and be responsible for the continued development of our various manufacturing sites.
This is a key opportunity within our activities and will appeal to candidates with a proven dynamic and committed approach to constant improvements in cost effective results. You must be able to demonstrate a proven ability to lead multi-disciplined teams and have gained extensive leadership experience.
Some of the areas of responsibility for the International Technical Operations Manager will include:
- Overseeing the activities and quality of the work produced by the Design and R&D teams as well as factories overseas
- Actively managing and contributing constructive ideas for the development of new products with the design team
- Reviewing, contributing and approving new product designs, thinking creatively and logically to resolve design issues
- Contributing suggestions and ideas for improvement of current products
- Reviewing the information gathered related to the technical data and information for instruction manuals to ensure ease of DIY for consumers
- Analysing timber building structures to identify potential stresses to eliminate problems before they arise and make recommendations to restructure or change designs
- Correcting any product deficiencies that have already been launched by discussing recommendations and modifications with the Design team and Senior Management team.
- Assessing the success or risks involved in new projects
- Ensuring that high quality and accurate information is issued to all necessary parties regarding Technical issues
- Dealing skilfully with a diverse range of people including, Customers, Managers and possibly legal issues
- Providing expert advice and solutions where serious complaints arise
- Compilation of weekly reports, costings and statistics
- Overseeing the day to day management and control of all manufacturing site operations. This will require quarterly visits to each of our European sister businesses.
- Responsibility for site performance against financial and operational targets
- Reviewing materials for the best and most cost effective use of them
- Responsible for the personal development and performance management of the manufacturing sites
- Ensuring products produced and supplied meet quality standards and availability for our Customers
- Carry out all other requests from Senior Management on an ad hoc or regular basis as required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven track record, in a similar discipline managing the processing and infrastructure to achieve business goals, productivity standards and Customer requirements
- A demonstrable strong Leader, able to manage, inspire and harness the talents of our multi-cultural activities in different cultural environments.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing change and driving process improvements is essential to achieve results
- Excellent presentation and communications skills both verbal and written
To apply for this position please email a covering letter telling us why you are the person for us, along with your comprehensive CV and Salary Expectations for this International Technical Operations Manager role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dunster House Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF