Established in 1994, Dunster House Ltd is a growing family run, international business currently employing approximately 300 people across our 9 UK sites.
27 years of designing, manufacturing and retailing garden lifestyle products we are proud to be garden building specialists and distribute our products on our own fleet of vehicles to our customers.
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Bedford HQ – MK41 0LF.
For the position of Maintenance Supervisor it would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold a recognised electrical / maintenance qualification. You will also needto be well organised and able to cope under pressure.
Some of your duties may include:
- Support the Facilities Manager in delivering effective maintenance & repair services to the sites
- Initial point of contact for maintenance & repair needs from the sites
- Hands on maintenance / repair where it is within your skills and competence.
- Define our requirements for any work where contractors are needed
- Contractor management, ensuring work is carried out in line with method statements
- Bring knowledge and experience to the function in terms of electrical / mechanical plant and equipment maintenance / repair.
- Together with the Facilities Manager prepare a robust inspection regime to improve standards of house-keeping and cleanliness
- General Maintenance check list for all sites
- Effective planned maintenance and repair of properties to ensure compliance with standards whilst also managing costs
- Regular visits to all sites
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of management of service contracts and suppliers
- Ensuring contractors are inducted, managed and work according to pre-agreed method statements to agreed standards and deadlines
- Working in accordance with company standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care
- Carry out all other requests from management on an adhoc or regular basis as required.
If you think you match the description above please e-mail a covering letter and CV detailing your current/previous salary and your salary expectation by e-mail. Please write or e-mail to: Human Resources, Dunster House Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF email@example.com